This page has moved to a new address.

Christmas Meme

The Five Fish: Christmas Meme

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Meme

Okay I am a huge FAIL BLOG-ALE, I have memes to be posted and awards....so I need to get to it!

My gal pal Jackie over at Monkey Mayhem tagged me for a really fun Christmas meme, so here goes!


1.) Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Yes, I began a bit before Thanksgiving and then the day after,.

2.) Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Every year I load up the kids and drive to my grandparent's house in Casa Grande to spend Christmas Eve with them. This year will be even more special and meaningful and bittersweet as this is the first Christmas without my grandfather, but my grandmother always has such a beautiful spread.

3.) When do you put up your Tree?
When I get off my ass. Seriously.....I just put it up Saturday. Some years it has been just a week before Christmas because of the kids pulling on the tree, ornaments, ya know.

4.) Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Oh I am now! Last year I was devirginized in my Black Friday experience, so now....a seasoned pro. I will go every year for sure!

5.) Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?

With kids....we stay home. If we do travel, it is across town to my other grandparent's or uncles and aunt's homes for Christmas Day festivities and shots of Crown Royal. That's how the Polish roll in my family so we roll with them!

6.) What is your funniest Christmas memory?
One that is cherished by my entire family when my dad and brother were lighting luminarias and my brother and dad could not get one to light. My dad called it a weak sister, and my brother chimed in "Which one? Lynneah or Shawn?" Makes us all fall over laughing everytime we hear that story.

7.) What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?
The original Miracle on 34th Street.

8.)Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?
I do bake all my holiday goodies....my favorite would be an angel roll and it is similar to a Little Debbie roll without the icing on top and I put coffee into the mix for a truly decadent flavor.

9.) Fake or Real Tree?
While I miss the real, I would rather keep my home and save the environment. I have a 13 year old fake....who might need to be donated for a needy family next year and we upgrade to a new one.

10.) What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?

Christmas Eve...bar none. Although my OCD kicks in right about now freaking the hell out to get it all done.

11.) Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?

Isn't everyone?!

12.) What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
The morning of Christmas, to see the kids faces are just priceless.

13.) What Christmas craft do you like the best?

Casey, over at A Couch with a View did a SAWEET craft that I need to try out this year for the kids which is applesauce and cinnamon ornaments! You can get the recipe here.

14.) Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes What is your favorite song?
Christmas music gets me everytime....I'm a sap...but I am not a huge Christian belief in Christmas type, but the music always gets me and my faves are The First Noel (because I am the first Noel in my family...nah nah, boo boo), Angels We have Heard on High, and Carol of the Bells....that one is my ALL time favorite.

15.) When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
I have to have a PLAN? Um soon....very very very soon!

So Heather @ Top Ten Christmas was the original creator of this meme so be sure to link to her and here are my tagged bloggers:

Jenine @ Badger Momma
Kelly @ Childhood
Lauren @ MisAdventures in Theatre
Sandra @ Adventures in MommyLand
My witches "Winter" and "Redneck" @ Networking Witches

And heck....whomever feels in the spirit of the season to play along because really....the season is all about giving! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Labels: , ,