This page has moved to a new address.

Celtic Woman

The Five Fish: Celtic Woman

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Celtic Woman

Music is so much a part of my life as well as my children's; for learning, play, and basic entertainment. While I pride myself as a music aficionado I admit that some music was out of my league. So when I got an email saying "Hold your horses and be open minded" I thought I really need to hear this.

Mind you I am very open minded, but when I saw the name of the band I cringed in fear. I received a Celtic CD as a gift some years back and really I needed to be in the right mood and or just gift the CD away. But with Celtic Woman Songs from the Heart I was so pleasantly surprised at the sound of traditional Celtic harmony with a modern day spin. Beautiful sounds were echoing through my speakers as I heard the familiar sound of the lyrics to Fields of Gold...sigh...and swoon to my heartthrob Sting.

I then moved onto the next song in the play list Amazing Grace with full bagpipes. I was bawling like anyone would who loves the sound of Amazing Grace in bagpipes. Next was Níl Sé'n Lá and was blown away at the beauty of the song. Soulful, sweet, and soothing. Now fast forward to O' America and the song screams nationalism, country pride, and you can feel the red, white and blue pulsing through your veins.


Please go listen to them and watch these ladies on YouTube to see how beautiful they are when they perform. I know I am excited to see their show here in Tempe in May at Gammage Auditorium; the timing couldn't be more perfect as well as I take my mother to the concert for Mother's Day. I cannot wait to post about the show and the feeling of being in the audience with their performance. Oh did I forget to mention they are on tour?! Yes. You can see these talented ladies LIVE in a city near you with their list of SOLD OUT tours or download their CD on iTunes or even better...enter to win Celtic Woman Songs from the Heart LIVE concert DVD. Just as if you are right there in the audience.

To enter tell me what kind of music do you listen to and are you open to music like Celtic Woman? What city would they be touring near you?

Extra entries:
  • Fan Celtic Woman North America on Facebook
  • Follow my blog and tell me you do
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Tweet this giveaway and tweet as much as you want as long as a comment separates your previous tweet entry comment: Win Celtic Woman LIVE DVD from @KariewithaK #musicmom Ends 3/1 http://bit.ly/aOTVpR 
  • Subscribe to my feed
  • Blog this giveaway (Worth 5 entries)
  • Stumble my blog (not this post....its against the TOS)
  • Technorati fave this blog (Worth 3 entries)
  • Fan The Fish
  • Add my blog to your text blog roll
  • Grab my button and add it to your blog

CONTEST ENDS MARCH 1ST @ 11:59PM

Best of luck!


*The Five Fish received a copy of the CD Celtic Woman from EMI Music as a member of the Music Moms program.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Labels: , ,