This page has moved to a new address.

Before and Not Quite After

The Five Fish: Before and Not Quite After

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Before and Not Quite After

So I said like a week ago that I would be playing construction and not sure if I could blog......well let me share the fruits of my labor for the last week(s) or so which includes moving 200 sq. ft. of sh-tuff into my garage and other miscellaneous storage areas in my house. My shed is slowly morphing into what we will call the "pool house" if we ever sell our house. (BTW- We do have a pool to the left of the picture of the "pool house")



Painting is a slow and go....only because I hate to primer ugly colors.....so enjoy my crasptastic primer job that I am still working on. But the pool house will hold our office and a futon for folks to stay with us and the current office will become 200sq. ft. of play area for my munchkins with all their toys and a twin bed for naps and extra bed space. The huge queen seen in the picture will be moved into G's room so maybe he will quit sleeping in our room. He sneaks into our bed in the middle of the night since we have a super comfy Seely Posturpedic. So he gets the comfy huge queen. Luckiest 5 year old I know!!

Anyway here is what the interior looks like now....equipped with A/C for those bloody hot summers here in Arizona. Now all we have to do is put up the wall coverings and insulate the ceiling (I did a lot of the insulation with DH....and ALL of the painting by myself). But once the walls go up.....VOILA!!!! Office and area away from the kids. I plan to decorate the area and paint with colors that suggest....um.....whats the word....peace, solace, calm.


Labels: