This page has moved to a new address.

Sloppy Joes

The Five Fish: Sloppy Joes

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sloppy Joes

The messy, saucy, warm, crumbly, meaty goodness in a warm, fluffy bun. The beloved Sloppy Joe.
Now I am a classy broad of sorts, I love my fish, my filet, my Faux Grois, something you use a knife and fork to eat, but I really love me my Sloppy Joe. This is a meal where I can really dig in and let loose. Last night, was a Sloppy Joe night. I don't mean the open a can of Manwich type of Sloppy Joe night. I mean the real flavor, the taste, the ultimate mess of a homemade Sloppy Joe that guess what? You can make too! No can. No bullshit. Just open your pantry or your fridge to the loads of condiments in your door. Here are the deets for the easiest, tastiest, Sloppy Joe's you will ever sink your teeth into.....ergo.....the rest will land in your lap....or like me....on my boobs.
1-2 pounds of ground beef or Turkey (if you are a dieting type person...like moi)
NOW, these ingredients all depend on the amount of meat AND how Sloppy you want that Joe.
1-2 cups of Ketchup
3T - 1/4 c of Yellow Mustard
1/2 - 1 cup of BBQ Sauce if you like that zippety sweet taste in your Joes
1/4 - 1/2 c of brown sugar
2-4T of Vinegar
1/4 c. Diced onions (optional)
1/4 c. Diced Bell pepper (optional)
BUNS (mmmmm.....buns)
  1.  Brown all meat with optional vegetable, while meat is browning mix together the vinegar and brown sugar to dissolve.
  2. Add sugar mixture to ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce, mixing throughly so that a smooth creamy consistency is reached.
  3. Drain meat of any fats and liquids and return to pan
  4. Add sauce, stir thoroughly until all meat is coated. 
  5. Cook for 2 more minutes
VOILA!
Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pie. Sloppy Joes in a snap. Really who doesn't love a Sloppy Joe?
My Big G...who doesn't like anything that doesn't rhyme or sound like chicken told me this:
"Mom, this is the bestest meal ever. It makes my stomach feel real good! Oh! SO! DELISH!"
I know buddy.....I rock as a lazy chef.

Labels: , , , ,