This page has moved to a new address.

Drowning the Demon

The Five Fish: Drowning the Demon

Monday, February 22, 2010

Drowning the Demon

I love my children. I love my children. I love my children even when they are monkey carrying, germ infested, snotting, coughing, hacking little people that they share their gooey, infectious loves with me.

YES.

I should have known that they would pass the junk onto me. So for the last week I have fought to not succumb to the whining pathetic little girl that grown men usually turn into. But I did. I turned into a jaded, pissy, crawl into my cave, I am not good as someone who is ill type of person. Basically, I slept. I slept like I haven't slept in years. Oh wait....yes, I have not slept in years.

Then came the hacking and the fever and the bitterness again of how to drown out this demonic illness. Ah yes. Fight fire with fire. What you ask? Fire with fire?

I learned while living my entire life in the southwest that the best cure to anything is Mexican food, well the best cure to the common cold and drowning the demon is Green Chile Stew. I love green chile. I could have just about every meal with green chile if I could, especially Hatch green chile. The hotter the better too!

So I sucked it up, got off my arse and made from scratch while sweating a fever, hacking a lung, and a nose that as running like a faucet my favorite Green Chile Stew recipe. Now I want to share it with you and share my poor woes of how I have missed you all and I missed a local Tweet-up with my friends on Twitter that live here in Arizona and I missed, I missed, I missed. I know right....cry me a river Linda....but seriously wanted to say I missed you all and I am glad I am feeling better so I can get back to reading blogs and writing again. Being sick sucks a goat's ear you know!?

Green Chile Stew
4-6 4oz cans Green Chile (the hotter the better people!)
2 tomatoes (diced) or 1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 diced onion
2 garlic cloves diced
1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro
2 T. cumin
1 t. Corriander
4 potatoes cut into cubes or 1/2 bag of frozen cubed hashbrowns
3 chicken breasts shredded or 1lb shredded pork
2 T. Olive Oil
3 C beef (or chicken) stock
salt and pepper to taste

In a large stock pot heat oil adding cumin, corriander, cilantro, garlic, and onions until onions are slightly browned. Add potatoes to toss into spices, then add in meat. Coat the meat lightly with seasoning and oil then add in the tomatoes and green chile. Stir slowly and add in stock. Cover and simmer for a minimum of one hour for potatoes to soften and for the green chile flavor to infuse. Serve hot with warm tortillas

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Labels: , ,