This page has moved to a new address.

Who? What? When? Why? How?

The Five Fish: Who? What? When? Why? How?

Monday, May 25, 2009

Who? What? When? Why? How?

The questions of any and every child. Though I am thinking these statements are only from my child on an excessive basis. My mother warned me that when Big G would start kindergarten that kids transform.

Transform? Like into Optimus Prime? HA, just kidding.

Anyway, transform into what? Little did I know that he would transform into a know it all who would have to argue at every turn. Seriously, every topic is a debate, up for negotiation, the boy argues until you want to just give him what he wants. I for one want to tear every last piece of blond lock from my head when he does this.

For instance, dinner time:

Me: Finish your dinner buddy and make sure you have some trees (broccoli) we gave you a little.

Big G: Uh...Uh...but...I'm full. I can't eat any more. Can I be excused?

Me: No buddy, eat a few more bites. You haven't even come close to getting full. If you don't finish you don't get anything later.....this is it!

Big G: Alright! (with complete discontent) I will eat three more bites.

Me: Five okay? that includes your trees.

Big G: No, two.

Me: No I said Five please. (Like "please" will get me anywhere)

Big G: Six

Me: Ok

Big G: No three.

And me, being that I am an aspiring law student and debate extraordinaire just got baited by a five year old into negotiations. At some point in time DH has to jump in because our oldest child syndromes, Big G and I, start to butt heads like a couple of rams battling over territory! I just wonder when he will grow out of this incessant need to argue to the point where everyone starts arguing and then.....he loses privileges. I guess he thought he could win...right up until I take away the Wii for a week. I guess there is a win situation in some arguments. Which doesn't say much for someone who is arguing with a child!

Labels: , , ,