This page has moved to a new address.

Getting to Know You

The Five Fish: Getting to Know You

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Getting to Know You

I just love Beth, she totally gets me...not many people get me. Which is weird..I am an open book, my heart on my sleeve, behind a large bicep mind you, but seriously I tell the story, and my story, how the story goes. No extra, no fluff, no lube, just raw and unadulterated. Some like me that way, others don't. My purpose is not to make them happy, just to make me happy.

So onto this very fun meme that I love. I love memes. Today (Wednesday...I started this Wednesday....now its almost Friday), I was feeling super lazy. No ambition to do anything else other than work, no cleaning, no nada, not even a Wordful/Wordless Wednesday meme...I am behind (as today is Thursday almost Friday). I suck. I have a funk I guess. But I read this meme and got out of my funk. OH, and Stacie gave me an award...so I get to go share that too! OYE, I am behind!! I wub joo both!!

Here goes and all the rules right?

1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag other people.Sounds simple enough, right?

What is your current obsession?
Organizing...oh wait...I always do that. Blogging, posting on other blogs before they post a comment on mine so I don't look like such a slacker.
What are you wearing today?
I was wearing a Polo v-neck cotton top and knicker bockers. (Do they still call them that?)
What’s for dinner?
I grilled brisket....I love to grill. With BBQ ranch style beans, salad, and pasta salad.
What would you eat for your last meal?
What are you listening to right now?
My appliances (dishwasher and washing machine, and DH watch Burn Notice...so want to watch it...thank goodness for DVR)
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Malta, I keep seeing Melissa's beautiful photos and I am in envy of the scenery, the beautiful cathedrals, the ambiance.
Which language do you want to learn?
Latin...easy peasy. I am so non-conforming with the whole language learning thing.
What do you love most about where you currently live?
My family is here, I can see them when I want and ignore them when I want. Plus its my home state....who doesn't love a Saguaro cactus in their yard. Eh eh, awesome!
What style is your current home decorated in?
Craftsman. The exterior is very Cape Cod with a Frank Lloyd Wright feel with the windows and front door. The interior is very warm and bold, lots of modern art (faux of course...I'm down with that) Monet, Van Gogh, Kadinsky, a few original oils.
If you were a time traveler what era would you live in?
1930's, I am very old school that way. I know right? Who would have thunk?
What is your favorite color?
RED
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My little black dress and Ralph Lauren pumps that I bought off Ebay that totally rock.
What were you doing ten years ago?
Working like a dog in Albuquerque...hated it! Loved the money....hated the hours.
If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
Clothes for me and the gnomes. Back to school, hello? We would hit Goodwill and do some power thrift shopping. I love a great bargain and a great deal. Plus, going green!
What are you going to do after this?
Eat a snack or go to bed.....still deciding.
What are your favorite films?
Lonesome Dove, sappy movies, the classics, great comedies, I love movies.
Your favorite books?
Die hard Mary Higgins Clark fan, self help books, the Twilight Series, Tolkien (love the Hobbit), I love to read.
Do you collect anything?
Enemies and friends...no just kidding. I used to collect snow globes, these horse statues that are hand painted, art, I'm a geek that way.
What makes you follow a blog?
Respect, if they follow me, I follow back. I also love a good read, I have an ENORMOUS blog list.
What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
I read my son a few pages from his book and helped him to learn to read. That is just awesome!
Ann's Question:What makes you comment on a blog?
Anything, it's my way of saying HI, checking out your blog, here is some comment love.
Amy's Question:What is your favorite thing to do when you have some free time?
READ! Relax, get a pedicure, maybe a manicure, and play with my kids.
Annissa's Question:As you know I home school -- If you could would you? Do you agree with home schooling?
For sure I would home school, but I think right now Big G needs the school interaction and if I see that he falters or is not getting enough from the curriculum then I would pull him out. Otherwise I agree with both schooling options.
Tonya's Question:What is a talent you wished you had?
The ability to not speak up sooo much. I just blurt out the truth and statements sometimes. I do think about what I say, but I guess I should be more sheepish or is it a leming, and not say anything.
Kyooty's Question: If you could be any other animal other then Human, what would you be?
A dog, maybe a horse, or a cheetah
Carrin's Question: Rush just told me that by 2042, white people will be the minority. Do you believe that? Would that be a big deal to you?
Who the EFF listens to Rush Limbaugh...if you are talking Rush the band...sure I could believe it. But some WHITE dude who is more annoying than that Sham Wow guy...seriously. Who cares who is and is not the minority? I thought we were all equal. (Stepping off the soap box)
isabel's Question: Would you want your blog to be as popular as Dooce? What would be some of the pros and cons?
No I wouldn't want to be that popular. I wouldn't want to think that I lost myself or my true audience. I love the small group of people I deal with, thats real and I appreciate my blog so much more because of that.
Beth's Question: What made you start blogging in the first place?
I started blogging to keep my family up to date on my gnomes and what was going on with DH and I since at the time a LOT of family lived far away. Now, not so much...or I don't care that they live far away....and I don't care if they read my blog. LOL Now I blog because I found that I have a fantastic outlet and a FABULOUS network of women who go through the same minutiae I do and other women, mom's and Dad's do all day, everyday and its nice to know that when you are home with your gnomes all day that others feel the same way!

I am not sure who to pass this onto....I am just glad that Beth helped me out of my funk. Now I just get to post the funnies and poopies of my funk! LOL

Labels: , , ,