This page has moved to a new address.

Brandi Carlile: Give Up the Ghost Album Review

The Five Fish: Brandi Carlile: Give Up the Ghost Album Review

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brandi Carlile: Give Up the Ghost Album Review

One2One_Network_MainFall has to be the best time of year! Tons of great media out at this time of year. Seriously, I will say it again, all the great TV shows are back on for fall, movies in time for Thanksgiving, and the music scene is EXPLODING!




Speaking of exploding, have you heard Brandi Carlile? I had not heard of her name to be quite honest, but her sound was familiar. The awesome folks at One2OneNetwork provided me with a download so that I could see hear for myself what Brandi is all about. And I tell you once I heard her music she reminded me of the young, breakout sounds of Sarah McLachlan. Brandi has such a fun, unique, soulful sound with emotional lyrics, she has her own style that is just absolutely contagious.

Brandicarlile.com, One2onenetwork.com, thefivefish.com, Karie Herring
I love her songs "Looking Out" and "Dying Day." I have them in my iPod when I go jogging every night because each has a great beat, a makes you want to move rhythm, not to mention the beats per minute are perfect for boosting your cardio! She also has some really great slow ballads that emote strong emotion, but I am a feeler, I feel my music. I don't just listen to my music because music is life in our house.

Speaking of life and music, maybe you recognize Brandi's sound? Any Grey's Anatomy fans out there? (Waving hand WILDLY!!) Yes, Brandi has been a featured track artist for the show along with several commercials, so if you recognize her, your favorite fall show is where you have heard her wonderful music. But don't take my word on how rocking this girl is with her funky country, rock, pop sound and her soulful, emotion filled music. Find out more about Brandi and her new album "Give Up the Ghost" in the Brandi Carlile newsletter.


Here is her current track list for "Give Up the Ghost":
Looking Out
Dying Day
Pride And Joy
Dreams
That Year
Caroline
Before It Breaks
I Will
If There Was No You
Touching The Ground
Oh Dear

*Five Fish always blog ethically and with transparency. Click HERE!

Labels: , , , ,