This page has moved to a new address.

I Heart My CSA

The Five Fish: I Heart My CSA

Friday, October 09, 2009

I Heart My CSA

I just have to tell you all again how much I love my CSA.

What is a CSA you ask? Community Supported Agriculture
csa, farming, agriculture, organic

Agriculture? As in farm? You got it!

I had never heard of a CSA until one of my twin mommies told me about it and I have to tell you I am hooked! I don't think I can go back to the standard way of buying my produce and eggs from the store. I did a HUGE post about it some time ago, so you can go read all about the deets there and why CSA's are important to our community, the environment, and of course....YOUR HEALTH!!

But enough of my soap box....just take a gander at these beauties!

CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce
Look at all of that!! And that my friends and readers....is just a ONE WEEK basket from a CSA. Let me detail all the wonderful items in that picture for you if you can't already decipher:



CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce
One Dozen Eggs
CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce, free range eggs
2 Armenian Cucumbers (which are THE BEST, super crunchy and tasty!)
One watermelon (last of the season and still sweet as sugar!)
Butternut squash, perfect for fall
Licorice Basil (OMG the aroma...my whole fridge smells like it, and just YUMMY), I can't wait to make my famous Pan Chicken with this and some FABULOUS Organic Marinara Sauce
CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce, free range eggs
Now here we have Okra, which I fried up last night in a tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, peppered and added some Parmesan and OMG was it to DIE FOR!
Organic Tomatoes, which are JUST again TO DIE FOR!
Organic Pomegranate which I am DYING to dive into today
Acorn Squash, again PERFECT for fall
Finally, a Purple Bell Pepper which smells divine and cannot wait to use in a recipe I have

CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce, free range eggs

So let me ask you.....Do you know where your produce and food comes from?
If not? You should!
Mine is made with lots of love from my fabulous farmer Mike.
This is his farm:

CSA, agriculture, organic, community supported agricutlure, produce, free range eggs
Learn all about CSA's and or Food Coop's by going HERE and enjoy all the benefits of Organic farming, supporting your local farmers, businesses, and heck the kids will LOVE going to the farm like mine do.



Labels: , , , , , ,