This page has moved to a new address.

At Home with Friends: Joshua Bell album

The Five Fish: At Home with Friends: Joshua Bell album

Friday, October 02, 2009

At Home with Friends: Joshua Bell album

This week has been so fabulous for me because I celebrated my nine year wedding anniversary and I got to do it in a really fabulous way. I know, can you tell I love to use FABULOUS!

So the week started off with reviewing and holding a giveaway for the new Harry Connick Jr. CD "Your Songs" which is heavenly. I love anything HCJ, he reminds me a lot of Sinatra, Van Morrison, just awesome. Then as the week progressed I got a chance to review the AWESOME sounds of Joshua Bell.

If you have never heard of Joshua Bell, go, go now and Google, get him on iTunes, buy his CD. I am a music snob and his music is really right up my alley. He is a violinist for starters. I am a violinist. *GASP. I know, who would have thought this snarky mom of three would play the violin, let alone like any artist that plays themselves. I grew up attending The Nutcracker Suite productions with a full orchestra, I have gone to the symphony (and am that snob in full applause at the end), I am a HUGE classics fan.

So when the ladies at One2OneNetwork asked if anyone wanted to reivew Joshua Bell's new CD, I was scrambling to make sure my  hyperlink was clicking as fast as it could! I love his music. The violin, folks, is one of the most emotional and powerful instruments I personally have ever heard and to hear this man play the way he does is absolutely magical. My kids when they heard his music were like the children from that Lowe's commerical with the green paint, at ease.


His new CD which became available on September 29th is JAM packed with other phenomenal artists. Imagine the divine singings of the violin strings with Josh Groban, Sting (SWOON! BIG BIG SWOON!), Regina Spektor, and Sergei Rachmaninoff (classics composer in case you didn't know).

If you thought a date night with Harry was great....MOVE ON OVER! The music of Joshua Bell is a serenade, but don't feel pressure to take my word for it.

Oh and he was on The Tonight Show last night, I happened to miss because I was listening to him at home for my anniversary. Thank you! But even better if you missed him on The Tonight Show if you happen to live in the Chicago area, he will be ON TOUR! Yes catch this violinist master at his best at Orchestra Hall at Symphony Center in Chicago. But don't fret, you can still catch him on TV for the following days:

Better TV www.better.tv - October. 6
WNET Sunday Arts - October 11th between 12 and 3 PM .
Tavis Smiley on PBS check your local listings at PBS.org - October 5th
WGN TV Noon News - October 8th at 12:00 noon

Here is a little about Joshua's album and music:

The album covers all of the genres, from classical to pop, bluegrass to Broadway, jazz and ethnic World Music. There are even a couple of seasonal tracks just in time to celebrate the holidays.

Joshua Bell is a Grammy Award winning violinist and performed on the Oscar winning soundtrack for Best Score to the film The Red Violin. Joshua attended Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music where he recently returned as a senior lecturer. 

You don't need me to tell you anymore, go listen for yourself on his website and be sure to tell the ladies and gents at One2OneNetwork thanks for the recommendation on some superb music! I know I am grateful to listen to Joshua's new album over and over until the next one comes out.
One2One_Network_Main


*Disclaimer: For all The Five Fish transparency and disclosure policies, 
be sure to click the link Looking in the Fish Bowl.



Labels: , , , , ,