This page has moved to a new address.

Me again....kind of here....

The Five Fish: Me again....kind of here....

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Me again....kind of here....

So I think that we lived through the holiday. I have to say that I was such a Scrooge and I thoroughly enjoyed it only because I felt this year was totally for my kids. I do so much for everyone else during the year (myself excluded mind you) that this year I wanted the holiday for my kids and my kids only.

Christmas Day was such a joy! We had to drag DH out of bed so that we could get all the major unwrapping and pausing to play with gadgets out of the way before my mom came over to open gifts with us as well. Needless to say you would think a few elves dropped a bomb in my house with all the cardboard packaging and wrapping paper coming out of our ears!

This year 'Santa' brought G a Nintendo Wii. DH and I were leery about the Wii and thought that the games wouldn't all be age appropriate to grow with him (too young), but we found that the games are for all ages as DH and I spent the better part of Christmas night sweating and opening windows while we boxed and played tennis. I have to say that this is our new family game night which is awesome! All of the other gifts were pretty much gravy except for the Transformers that G got from my mom that he has not put down! The Squids on the other hand....well if the toy sang, crinkled, or made any sort of noise they were all about it. So "Leap" the frog has been singing the alphabet non-stop and I about ready to chuck it! Sad really because I bought the frog for the Squids, they each got one. But they are having a blast. Myself on the other hand....well.....recuperating, figuring which gifts may need to be re-gifted next year for Dirty Santa or White Elephant and someday soon I will clean my house in its entirety. But this week trying to relax a little before school starts again on the 5th!! YIKES!!

Labels: